Wednesday, February 13, 2008


Daniel Fast Week 1:

One of the many good things that has come from being on the D. Fast is that I am cooking at home more and more--Kind of like I used to when Jared and I first got married:) Not only am I cooking more, but I am having to get much more creative with my meals since everything consists of the same basic ingredients. One of my best so far has been a vegetarian chili-made with bell peppers, onions, tomato pasts, kidney beans, celery, garlic, and a little water. SOOOOO yummy.

Even better then the cooking lessons I've been learning are the Spiritual ones. God has given us so much...I mean really...sooo much it's incredible. Living in America is sometimes difficult for me, just thinking about how much is at our fingertips, when there are so many people around the world who don't have food options. They don't get to choose to do a daniel fast-they eat what they have or what is given to them.

Several friends of mine recently went on a trip to Haiti which is the 3rd poorest country in the world. We saw an article in our local paper the other about women in Haiti who make dirt cookies-literally made of dirt, shortening, and salt-and sell them in the market. Not only do they sell them, they eat them. Sometimes for all 3 meals of the day. This has definitely put my Daniel Fast in perspective--no complaining allowed. I need to make more sacrifices to help more people who have nothing. My heart is being broken by the things that break God's heart--thanks Daniel for the fast.

No comments: