Friday, February 8, 2008
















Daniel Fast Part 2



So for the second year in a row, Jared and I have decided to do the Daniel Fast during Lent. Last year however, we only did this for 21 days. This year we are going for the full 40. So far it has been 2 days, and I'm feeling pretty good. Since we eat much lighter foods, you find yourself getting hungry much faster then usual-but I try to prepare myself for that by bringing snacks to work with me. I've also set some Spiritual goals for myself during this time:
-Learn to be content with what I have
-Learn what dependancy on God really means
-Choose to NOT complain
-Spend more time thinking about God and talking with Him


For those of you who may not know what a Daniel Fast consists of, this is what we will be eating:
-Veggies
-Fruits
-Beans and Lentils
-Eggs (we are adding these)
-Whole Grain/Wild Rice

This means: No Bread, Sugar, chocolate (some people don't consider this as "sugar" just to clarify), meat, coffee, pasta, dairy.

I will be frequently updating the lessons learned and the temptations of cake and coffee we face:)

No comments: