Saturday, January 2, 2010


New Year New Post

It has been a loooong time since my last blog. Life has been busy-much has changed, especially through our Whirlwind Christmas Season.

Grandma and Grandpa Teal passed away last week. We actually got the call 8:00 am on Christmas morning that Grandpa went to be with Jesus. My poor dad spent almost all day on the phone with airlines trying to work things out for all of us to get to Niagara Falls for the funeral---the most touching moment of the day for me was when a family friend gave a generous gift to me by purchasing my plane ticket for me----an unbelievable gift.

We all left Sunday morning and arrived in Detroit to stay with my brother and his family. Drove to Niagara Falls on Monday. Alex and I walked up to see Grandma in her room at Bella Sr. Care---Jared and Becky stayed with the kids downstairs...Grandma was hardly conscious. We talked to her for a bit and then sang How Great Thou Art to her. I could hardly sing most of it. I just had a feeling that would be the last time I saw her. We kissed her on the forehead, said I love You, and left the room. It wasn't more then a few hours later at Grandpa's viewing that my Grandmother slipped from this earthly world into the heavenly realms.
2 days later, we held a double funeral for both of them---it could not have been more fitting. Sad of course, but somehow very comforting to know my grandparents have new heavenly bodies and are in a place of no more tears, sorrows, or pain.

We arrived back home New Years Eve--a Whirlwind of a week.

So now here we are back in Spokane--resting and recovering. Mourning and Celebrating. Enjoying a new year and waiting with anticipation for what the Lord has in store.




~Angela M.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God bless you all, Angela. You're missed and prayed for back here!
The Padots