Saturday, January 23, 2010

I want change. I need change. I crave change in my heart and to spill out to my life.

After my most recent reads and taking the time to listen to the Lords stirring, I feel a change coming on, and I can tell it is one that will effect my daily life. Not just a fancy thing way far off in the distance. I'm still praying through some things but I know there are things I can do today to really and truly care for the poor and oppressed around the world. One of those things is making changes at work

I work at starbucks. We waste so much paper plastic electricity and dairy it is disgusting. But I'm not looking to get out of here. That woud be the easy thing to do and would not change anything. So today I went berserk. (who knew that was an actual word?) I created a list of all the things we waste, how we waste it, and created a list of ways to end our excess waste that only adds to the vicious cycle the American lifestyle is in. Some co workers love the idea. I'm sure others will not be too happy.

But today I felt like I made real change.~Angela M.

No comments: