Thursday, January 21, 2010


How to be a Christian in America

For the last several years there has been a stirring inside of me--something that made it obviously clear to me that serving Christ and chasing the American dream did not go hand in hand. I know many other followers of Jesus who are caught up in that very same dicotomy. I don't want to live the same as the rest of the world who are pursuing personal gain, status, happiness, and more and more things. If the only difference between myself and someone who doesn't know the Lord is that I read my Bible and go to church, but nothing else in my life tells otherwise, then it's not really living the way Christ did.

So here I sit in the familiar place I've been in for a few years now...thinking, reading and praying about how life needs to change. Several new books I am reading, including "Interrupted" by Jen Hatmaker are helping my process through the turmoil in my head. I highly recommend this book to anyone who has had similar thoughts to mine.

It's time for a change.

~Angela M.

No comments: