DF MEALS WE LOVE:
Red Lentil Stew (as shown to me by my friend Karen-although I changed things a bit)
3Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 chopped onion
3 celery stalks chopped
3 carrots chopped
2 garlic cloves chopped
1 bay leaf
2 tsp. cumin
1 can diced tomatoes (undrained)
2 tsp. italien seasoning
7-8 C. Water/Broth
1-1 1/2 C. Dry lentils
2 Tbsp Vinegar
1. Heat Oil in a large soup pot, add onion, carrots and celery and heat for 3 min.
2. Add garlic and cook 1 more min.
3. Add all other ingredients EXCEPT vinegar...bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 45 min-1hr.
5. Add Vinegar just before serving
Sufferin Succotash Salad
1 bag frozen lima beans
1 bag frozen corn
1/4 bag frozen peas
1 Can diced tomatoes (drained) --OR 1 chopped tomato
1/4 onion chopped
1 Tbsp Parsley
1/4 Cup Balsamic vinegar (I used half balsamic and half Apple cider vinegar)
1/4 tsp. dry mustard
1. Cook up frozen veggies and drain
2. Combine all veggies and Parsley
3. Mix Vinegar and mustard together and pour over salad.