Friday, March 21, 2008


Reflections on Good Friday


The weather today is overcast. snowy. cold. It's very dreary. It kind of reminds me of what this day was like about 2000 years ago on that horrid day at Golgotha. I find it interesting how in Matthew, it says that "The earth shook and the rocks split" when Jesus breathed His last. (Matt 27:51) When I think back to that moment, it seems as if everything in heaven and on earth stopped to mourn the death of its King. My King.
How odd it seems that my life does not seem to stop enough to remember. I am thankful for the dreary weather today, because it makes me stop. Today I choose to remember and be thankful. Thankful for the death Jesus took away from me. Thankful for the gift of Forgiveness--given out of Grace--not an ounce of it deserved.

Thanks Lord for this day to remember.

No comments: