Thursday, February 22, 2007


DAY 2


Well we made it through Day 1 which was actually a complete fast for Jared and I-I did decide to break it last night after church since I have a bladder infection and needed some nutrients. I've of course had cravings for different foods-but I am enjoying challenging my body, mind, and most of all-my faith as we start out this Daniel fast. It's not just "eating healthy"-which I already do-but it is about intentionally sacrificing so I remember Christ more. I even challenged the Jr. High students to choose something to sacrifice during this LENT season, and it turns out that several of the students are joining us!

For my devotions during this time I am reading through a book we received as a staff that centers our focus on Christ. The reading last night was from Matthew 26:1-12


Matthew 26:7-9, 13

"A woman came to him with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume which she poured on Jesus head as he was reclining at the table.

When the disciples saw this they were indignant "Why the waste?! This perfume could have been sold at a high price and the money given to the poor.!"

"I tell you the truth" said Jesus "wherever the gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done wil also be told in memory of her"


What a beautiful picture of a sacrifice for Christ.

Lord Jesus may I be ready to give freely for You-understanding that You gave everything for me-I desire to giev everything for you. Amen.

No comments: