Tuesday, January 13, 2009





















Expressive Worship

Worshipping the Lord is what you could say is one of my all time favorite activities. Whether it be singing, praying, dancing, with others or by myself, I just can't seem to get enough of it. I love it so much in fact that a few years ago I decided to go to school to get my Master's in it! Who knew you could do that???
A friend of mine (the lovely Jessica) came up to me the other day after church and commented on how she just wanted to dance during our worship time at church, but didn't feel comfortable doing it because our church isn't exactly "charismatic".
Most of my church experience has been at places that are not charismatic other then my 2 years spent at Light and Life Christian Fellowship in Long Beach CA. It was during this time while I was studying Worship at Azusa Pacific University and serving at Light and Life, when my own expression of worship became stretched and grew to new heights.

When I sing songs to the Lord I imagine myself physically in His presence, and I just can't contain myself. Usually there is a song that is sung during the course of a worship set that reminds me of how much the Lord has saved me from and how much He loves me, and I just can't get over it! I don't want to get over Him! It's not about the music, the song, or the singing itself. The Lord has blessed me so much with being really drawn close to Him during times of singing-it is one of my connections to the heart of the Father. I don't know if other people feel like they will explode while they are Worshipping, but I do! I suppose that's kind of how David felt when he danced in the middle of the street!

I consider myself to be an amateur worshipper, but I decided a long time ago to be an completely obsessed student of it-knowing someday in heaven I will finally reach the professional worshipper title.

So to my dear friend Jessica...dance...don't hold back before the Lord...just dance...

~Angela M.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hey Ang...really appreciated this post as I have been thinking about worship so much this last year!

Also...stop by my blog sometime :) I gave you an award today (1/14/09)!