Wednesday, July 2, 2008


Packing Up and Moving On

It's hard to believe Jared and I are moving again. It is so strange how quickly the last 2 years of my life have gone by, and yet it is truly amazing how close I feel to the volunteers, students, and many other families here at CrossRoads. I consider it such an honor that we have been able to serve the students of CrossRoads. We have had so many really fun moments, probably some of the most fun in my ministry career. I have learned so much from these 12-18 yr. old students about God and about relationships, and I know I am a better person because of them. My office "cube" looks so bear empty and boring-not even remotely resembling the few years I have had here. But I am very thankful that although I will not physically be here anymore, God is bigger then that. He gives us relationships as a gift that we can take with us no matter where we go.

Tonight is our Farewell Party with the students. Part of me is really excited to see everyone again like I've come so accustomed to over the last few years, but the other part of me does not want to face the fact that this is the last time we will be having a youth event. The last time we will see these people who I love so much. I hope tonight that we are able to convey to everyone just how much they mean to us and how amazing God's plan is for the students at CrossRoads.

3 comments:

Em said...

I'm avoiding this blog post and the fact that you're leaving..... my brain is simply avoiding the whole leaving thing... which means you're simply not going. (and that's final)

Rachel said...

Saying good-bye is always so hard...praying for you as you face this big change!

Dave and Kelli said...

Hi Angela - you don't know us...yet, but we are fairly new members of Timberview and just LOVE your parents. We are so excited to meet you and Jared and know that your folks are ecstatic about your coming! Hope you have a great trip out and that you feel welcomed here in Spokane.

Looking forward to seeing you all in person soon,

Dave and Kelli Baird