Wednesday, September 23, 2009


Finding the Athlete in Me:

I know I know it's not proper grammar...but it's how I feel these days. Just a week and a half ago Jared and I completed our first Triathlon---which I've done several posts about. We decided a few days later we would do the Spokane half marathon, which is 13.1 miles of running!!! Last week we went pretty light since we were recovering from the Triathlon, and on Sunday we went the farthest I've ever gone before, 8.8 miles! It felt so great to be accomplishing something I never knew I could do. Today I decided to use the treadmill at Oz Fitness to help get my cadence a little less then 8 and a half minute miles. I ran for an hour and did 7.2 miles---although I was SOOOOO bored on that stinkin treadmill...nothing to look at but the tv screens which were way to far to even see, and when running on a treadmill I don't dare lose focus. I do not want to be that person who falls off the back!

Tomorrow I will do another run for about an hour or so. This weekend when in California we will do another long run-probably 10 miles! It will be another break through for me!

What a blessing to be healthy enough to do this kind of thing--I am so so thankful and try to really enjoy the ability and strength the Lord has blessed me with during the time spent outdoors running running running.

Step after step I remind myself...relax your upper body... get a slightly higher kick...relax your breathing...let everything go...just enjoy the run...it's all a mind game...turn off your mind...your body is strong enough...you ARE an athlete...thank you thank you thank you Lord...don't trip!!!
~Angela M.

No comments: