Saturday, April 18, 2009


SUGAR FAST

So many of you know Jared and I did the Daniel Fast for a month before Incredible Easter this year--good times and great discipline. What I may not have shared is that since Dec. 31 I have not had any sugar* and decided not to have any until my birthday-which is this coming Wednesday. I have done a fast like this before, but never for this long. I have been so proud of myself for resisting the urge to eat cookie, candy, ice cream and anything else scrumptious. I really feel like if I have had the discipline to do this, I can discipline myself to do about anything!
To break my fast, my friend Charese has offered to make an ice cream cake for our birthday party!!! I can't wait for that first delious sugary bite!!!

*I have had natural sugars and honey-but honestly come on, it's a pretty big deal in America to give up all the stuff I did!

~Angela M.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Way to go Gel!

Heather Moline said...

MmMmm enjoy it, sounds like you worked hard! I miss you too...