Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

For the 2nd year now I get to celebrate not just 1, but 2 mother's on this special day! Nancy Teal and Cathy Amerine are both in my life for 2 very different reasons, however I know that God has blessed me so much with each one in different ways.

Cathy Amerine (aka my mom "in-law") is just about the best mother in law around:) I know without a doubt that she loves me not just because I am married to her son, but she loves me for who I am. I am amazed each time we talk on the phone, send e-mails, and when we are actually lucky enough to see each other, how natural our conversations are. I love getting to know this woman who is my "mom" more and more everyday. She is caring, encouraging, fun, thoughtful, prayerful, and a wonderful example of how to be a Godly woman.

Nancy Teal (aka my mom) is probably one of the most selfless people on the planet. She gives and gives and never seems to tire of sacrificing for me, our family, her church, and most of all, our God. The list of things she has done for me would be far too numerous to write down, and the thanks she has gotten from me has probably been far too small. If I can be even slightly the woman that she is, then I know I will bless others.

These 2 special women have been crucial to my life and continuously have an effect on who I become. Thanks God for placing them in my life-I am blessed with 2 great moms:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice.